We had a call this morning (March 19) with our offices in Hong Kong and Milan to understand what’s ahead for the US. Even in Italy, organizations are not shutting down, and there is a vital need for communication. Now is the time for trusted voices to lead.
From Allen Montrasio of Imageware in Milan:
- There has been a slow down, but not a shut down, in non-COVID-19 communication. Scheduled announcements are proceeding as available and journalists continue to work and need information.
- The shift to online work and meetings is going to be sustained; it took a couple of weeks to sort out, but organizations seem to have settled into a new way of getting work done remotely.
- “It’s OK not to have answers immediately; now is the time for generating ideas.”
From David Croasdale at Newell PR in Hong Kong:
- Eight weeks in, many are back to office work on a limited basis as domestic cases appear to have ceased.
- In-persons events remain cancelled for at least 3 months, as well as international travel.
- The way we work may change permanently, as people are proving they can work from home.
- “I’m fairly optimistic.”
Note: Hanser & Associates is offering free phone consultations. Organizations can book a call online today. The appointments are designed to answer questions and offer quick advice; consultations are available 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekdays for the next 60 days.
Additionally, the firm’s Quick Guide to Crisis Communication is available online.